< Back to previous page
- Research interest:The Center for Oncological Research (CORE) has research expertise in personalized cancer medicine, with emphasis on 1) developing novel and more effective therapeutic strategies; 2) an improved detection and understanding of mechanisms driving therapeutic resistance; and 3) identifying and validating biomarkers for personalized therapy, in different cancers in need for improved therapeutic outcomes. Novel and emerging anticancer strategies that we investigate are targeted therapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy, cold atmospheric plasma therapy as well as novel combination therapies.In CORE, there is a strong interdisciplinary collaboration between basic, translational and clinical researchers. The members of our consortium bring together unrivaled access to biobank patient samples and to a dedicated oncological clinical phase I/II unit with a unique and complementary set of methods and skills covering the entire spectrum of molecular techniques, 2D and 3D cellular assays (in vitro and ex vivo), animal studies and clinical studies. CORE gathers experts with an excellent research track record in targeted therapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy, combination therapies, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, liquid biopsies, pathology and clinical studies.
- Keywords:CANCER, ONCOLOGY, MOLECULAR ONCOLOGY, HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY, Medicine
- Disciplines:Laboratory medicine, Oncology, Cancer biology, Cancer prevention, Cancer therapy , Other basic sciences, Other clinical sciences, Other translational sciences, Other medical and health sciences, Cell physiology, General physiology, Organ physiology, Pathophysiology
- Research techniques:- L1 and L2 lab facilities- fully equipped cell culture facility with immune assays and real time imaging- normoxic and hypoxic conditions (hypoxia cabinet)- facilities for molecular biological assays- radiotherapy facility- small animal facility
- Users of research expertise:researchers from (bio)medical research groups