< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:My research focusses on online celebrity bashing. This is a specific type of cyberbullying, in which celebrities become the victim of negative online behavior. I analyse this phenomenon with a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods. During my PhD, I used focus groups, interviews, content analyses, surveys and SEM Models. During my post-doc I mostly work with experimental research in which adolescents are exposed to celebrity bashing and then also receive the chance to write online comments themselves.
- Keywords:CELEBRITY BASHING, ONLINE COMMENTING, CYBERBULLYING, SOCIAL MEDIA, Political and social sciences
- Disciplines:Social psychology, Communication sciences, Media studies, Other media and communications
- Research techniques:Methods: focus groups, in-depth interviews, qualitative and quantitative content analysis, surveys, experiments, measures of heart rate and skin conductance Analyses: SPSS, SEM models, NVivo
- Users of research expertise:The results of my research are relevant for scholars and practitioners who aim to reduce negative online behaviors. Scholars can use the findings as a basis for future research, in order to further explore this phenomenon. Practitioners can use the results to learn how to deal with online celebrity bashing and other related behaviors, such as cyberbullying.