< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Focus on industrial knowledge in:Advanced mechanical design and CAEIndustrial 3D-vision technologyOptimization techniquesOp3Mech stands for Optical Metrology, 3D design and Mechanics.The UAntwerp Op3Mech research group couples state-of-the-art industrial knowledge in the key areas of advanced mechanical design and industrial 3D-vision technology. The Op3Mech team members also share important expertise with respect to Computer Aided Engineering including finite element methods and optimization techniques.The UA-Op3Mech research group couples state-of-the-art industrial knowledge in the key areas of advanced mechanical design and industrial 3D-vision technology. The Op3Mech team members also share important expertise with respect to Computer Aided Engineering including finite element methods and optimization techniques. With the recent advances in 3D-vision technology, a strong coupling is reached between optical measurement techniques, robust design methods and industrial production methods. Design, modeling and optimization of point clouds, response surfaces including 3D interpretation is the core research of the Op3Mech group. By means of scientific publications, initiation of doctoral research, participation in projects and consulting activities, the group aims to increase the expertise in the key domains but also wants to share the knowledge with small and bigger enterprises on a national but also international level.
- Keywords:THERMOGRAPHY, FINITE ELEMENT, ORTHOPAEDICS, COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN, Electronics and electrical engineering
- Disciplines:Applied mathematics in specific fields, Computer architecture and networks, Distributed computing, Information sciences, Information systems, Programming languages, Scientific computing, Theoretical computer science, Visual computing, Other information and computing sciences, Multimedia processing, Biological system engineering, Signal processing, Biomechanics
- Research techniques:• Computer-aided Design and Engineering• Design optimization• Optimization of numerical models• Updating of finite element models based on different measurement techniques (optical, structural)* Virtual modeling• System identification and damage detection based on vibration measurements* Response surface modeling for virtual design
- Users of research expertise:Industry, designers, product developersconsulting agenciesMechanical and Civil engineering companies