< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My main expertise is evolutionary genomic analysis of whole-genome sequencing data. I have been working on a variety of organisms including plants, monkeys and fishes. We also work with crosses and experimental setups in African cichlid fishes. One main focus of my work is the role of hybridisation and genetic exchange in diversification and adaptation. I also have a background in theoretical population genetic and ecological modelling using mathematical models and computer simulation.
- Keywords:COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY, GENE FLOW, MOLECULAR GENOMICS, POPULATION GENETICS, GENETIC ADAPTATION, EVOLUTIONARY GENETICS, GENOMICS, Physics (incl. astronomy)
- Disciplines:Computational evolutionary biology, comparative genomics and population genomics, Biology of adaptation, Molecular evolution, Speciation , Population, ecological and evolutionary genetics, Genomics
- Research techniques:Sequencing read quality control and alignment. Variant detection (single nucleotide, SNP, and insertion/deletion, INDEL, polymorphism. Quality filtering. Setup of automated analysis pipelines.
- Users of research expertise:Researchers, public bodies, and companies using genome sequencing data for any kind of application, e.g., fundamental and applied biological and medical research, including conservation biology, etc.