< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Jan Vanhoof is a professor at the Department of Education and Training Sciences (Faculty of Social Sciences) of the University of Antwerp. He is active within the research group EduBROn. His research activities focus on quality assurance and school policy and in particular on informed policy making by schools. This translates, for example, into research into self-evaluation and information use in schools.
- Keywords:EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH, SCHOOL SELF EVALUATION, SCHOOL EFFECTIVENESS, EDUCATIONAL QUALITY, EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION, Educational sciences
- Disciplines:Education curriculum, Education systems, Education, culture and society, General pedagogical and educational sciences, Instructional sciences, Orthopedagogics and special education, Parenting and family education, Specialist studies in education, Other pedagogical and educational sciences, Product development, Other social sciences
- Research techniques:I want to stress my constant aim for handling multi-method research methodologies. This is prompted by the added value of a suitable sequential and concurrent combination of different research methods (empirical-analytical and interpretive). The 'fitness for purpose' of research methods that are plotted in the above research lines precedes an a priori preference for specific techniques.
- Users of research expertise:Fellow researchers, policy makers in education, pedagogical counselors, education inspectors, school administrators, school leaders and teachers.