< Back to previous page
Jonas Van Audenaerde
- Research interest:My research is focused on the development of novel combination immunotherapies for different cancer types. Regarding the cancer types, my expertise is concentrated on pancreatic and colorectal cancer. For immunotherapy, I have focussed on combining immune stimulation with immune priming with a special interest in both T cell but also especially in NK cell-mediated immunity. Next, I’m also performing research to chart the tumour microenvironment of pancreatic and colorectal cancer where we zoom in on the immune cells and the stromal compound of these tumours. Here, also cancer-associated fibroblasts have are special interest.
- Keywords:CANCER RESEARCH, COMBINATION IMMUNOTHERAPY, PANCREATIC CANCER, CANCER ASSOCIATED FIBROBLASTS, CANCER VACCINES, CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY, IMMUNOSTIMULATION, NATURAL KILLER CELLS, DIGESTIVE ONCOLOGY, Medicine
- Disciplines:Gastro-enterology and hepatology, Immunology, Molecular and cell biology, Oncology, Adaptive immunology, Applied immunology, Innate immunity, Cancer biology, Cancer therapy
- Research techniques:My most used research techniques comprise sterile cell culture including immune cell cocultures, cytotoxicity assays, immune cell isolations, flow cytometry including cell sorting, ELISA and its variations, cancer-immunotherapy in vivo research models and techniques
- Users of research expertise:Fellow cancer- and immunotherapy researchers but also policymakers and patient’s advocacy groups can always contact me for information or help.