< Back to previous page
- Research interest:- Local quantitative metals analysisfrom trace to major componentn level in a variety of solid materials by means of LA-ICP-MS (laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry).- Microscopic elemental analysis by means of micro-XRF (lateral resolution: ca: 30-40 micrometres; detection limits for transition elements: ca 50 ppm in glass-like matrices).- Microscopic major element analysis by means of scanning electron microscopy (lateral resolution: ca 1 micrometer; detection limit: ca 0.1 %).
- Keywords:MICRO ANALYSIS, ARCHEOMETRY, ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, X-RAY FLUORESCENCE (XRF), ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY, 3D CHARACTERIZATION, TRACE ANALYSIS, ISOTOPIC MEASUREMENTS, SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, ION SOURCE, Chemistry (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Analytical chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Organic chemistry, Theoretical and computational chemistry, Other chemical sciences, Pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance, Conservation-restoration science
- Research techniques:- LA-ICP-MS (laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry)- Micro-Raman (785 nm laser)- Micro-XANES and micro-XAS (requires synchrotron radiation)- Micro-XRD (requires synchrotron radiation)- Confocal micro-XRF and micro-XANES (requires synchrotron radiation)
- Users of research expertise:- Environmental agencies, metal (ferro and non-ferro) industry, mining companies, geologists, archeologists, ...- - Museumcurators- Restaurators - Researchers in the environmental and/or archeometrical sector