< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:My main research focuses on contemporary political philosophy (Rawls, Dworkin, Raz, Kymlicka, Kukathas, Galston), perfectionism versus antiperfectionism, state neutrality, church-state regimes, freedom of education and freedom of religion, religious education and faith-based schools. Last years, my main focus of research is on religious Education, with particular attention for non-confessional RE and neutrality; islamic RE in Belgium and in Europe; and comparative research in RE. My approach is not empirical or theological, but based on political philosophy, epistemology, and the study of religions.
- Keywords:RELIGIOUS STUDIES, FREEDOM OF EDUCATION, STATE NEUTRALITY AND RELIGION, POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY, RELIGIOUS PLURALISM, RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, STATE AID, CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, AUTONOMY, EDUCATION POLICY, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:Religion and philosophy curriculum and pedagogics, Education, culture and society not elsewhere classified, Philosophy of education, Social and political philosophy, Legal ethics, Social ethics, Comparative study of religion, Religion and society
- Research techniques:Theoretical research, mainly in political philosphy, epistemology, the study of religions and international literature on religious Education and churh-state relations. Practical issues such as religious educaiton, financing religions, recognizeing and subsidizing faith-based schools, are, based on insigts of the abovementioned disciplines, evaluated in a critical and constructive way.
- Users of research expertise:Academic researchers Policy makers Politicians Educational stakeholders and experts Journalists