< Back to previous page
- Research interest:1. Linguistics AnalysisAnalysis and description of grammatical phenomena, especially in the grammar/discourse interface (discourse markers, reference markers, conversation structure).2. Foreign language teachingSyllabi and curriculum design of Spanish as a foreign language courses.Creation of Spanish as a foreign language learning materials, both textbooks and audiovisual materials (Difusión, SGEL).Creation of reference grammars for specific language users (Difusión).3. Academic and Professional discourseSyllabi design of Academic and Professional Spanish courses (legal, tecnological, business).Creation of Academic and Professional Spanish learning materials (Ariel, Edicions UOC).Diagnose of discourse pathologies for specific professional groups (legal, tecnological).4. Critical Discourse AnalysisLinguistic analysis of socially relevant phenomena, with special interest in sex and gender.
- Keywords:DISCOURSE, LANGUAGE TEACHING, LANGUAGE ACQUISITION, COMMUNICATION SKILLS TRAINING, LANGUAGE FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES, GRAMMAR, DISCOURSE ANALYSIS, DISCOURSE PARTICLES, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:Education curriculum, Language studies, Linguistics, Literary studies, Theory and methodology of linguistics, Other languages and literary studies
- Research techniques:Qualitative corpus analysis (written, spoken, learners corpus, professional discourse corpus).
- Users of research expertise:Researchers in different areas (especially Social Studies) in which discourse analysis can be an analytical tool.Professionals of different areas who need assistance on writing skills.Professionals of foreign language teaching (publishers, language schools, teachers).