< Back to previous page
Sandra Van Aert
- Research Expertise:Sandra Van Aert's research focuses on new developments in the field of model-based electron microscopy aiming at quantitative measurements of atomic positions, atomic types, and chemical concentrations with the highest possible precision. These techniques are applied to advanced materials.
- Keywords:PARAMETER ESTIMATION, STATISTICAL DATA ANALYSIS, ELECTRON MICROSCOPY (QUANTITATIVE), SOLID STATE PHYSICS, Physics (incl. astronomy)
- Disciplines:Applied mathematics in specific fields, Statistics and numerical methods, Astronomy and space sciences, Classical physics, Condensed matter physics and nanophysics, Elementary particle and high energy physics, Other physical sciences
- Research techniques:Use is made of statistical parameter estimation theory, image processing, statistical experimental design, and image formation in electron microscopy.
- Users of research expertise:Material scientists, physicist, engineers, biologists, geologists and other scientists extracting quantitative information from experimental measurements will benefit from a model-based analysis using statistical parameter estimation theory. Such analysis is especially important when parameters need to be determined at the limits of what is physically measurable.