< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Development of systems for natural language processing / Computer models for language acquisition and language processing /Text analytics / Computational stylometry / Corpus acquisition, annotation and exploitation
- Keywords:COGNITIVE SCIENCES, DIGITAL HUMANITIES, COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS, TEXT MINING, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, COMPUTATIONAL PSYCHOLINGUISTICS, LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGY, NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:Artificial intelligence, Machine learning and decision making, Natural language processing, Pattern recognition and neural networks, Cognitive science and intelligent systems, Linguistics, Computational linguistics, Theory and methodology of linguistics
- Research techniques:- Computational modeling, simulation- Data Mining and Machine Learning- Computational tools for text analytics
- Users of research expertise:- Users of Knowledge Management: smart search, question answering, multi-document summarization, domain modelling, ontology population and merging, terminology extraction and management, text categorization, filtering, and routing.- Forensic linguistics: authorship attribution, plagiarism detection.- Semantic web: automatic metadata assignment, semantic analysis.- Serious gaming: adding language competence to agents.- E-government: knowledge management, information presentation, readability control of government texts.- Healthcare: communication aids, readability control of patient information.- Cultural Heritage: analysis of and information access to digitized cultural heritage collections, combination of text and audio mining.