< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My research is situated in the broad area of wireless communications and networks. I study the performance and develop protocols for various emerging wireless network technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, wireless local area networks (IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi, millimetre wave, Terahertz), 3GPP mobile networks (LTE, 4G, 5G, NB-IoT), and wireless sensor networks (IEEE 802.15.4 Zigbee, LoRa, Sigfox). I specifically work on modelling and improving the energy efficiency of such networks to provide connectivity for various emerging applications, such as virtual reality, drones, Internet of Things, and e-health.
- Keywords:NETWORK MODELS, PERFORMANCE MODELLING, SENSOR NETWORKS, COMPUTER NETWORKS, EMBEDDED SYSTEMS, WIRELESS NETWORKS, INTERNET OF THINGS, COMMUNICATION NETWORKS, Mathematics
- Disciplines:Communication networks, Computer system security , Embedded and real-time systems, Performance modelling, Computer communication networks, Data communications, Microwave and millimeter wave technology, Satellite communications, Telecommunication and remote sensing, Video communications, Wireless communications
- Research techniques:Mathematical modelling (Markov chains, Markov Decision Processes, Integer Programming, multi-objective optimisation, ...), event-based network simulation (NS-3, ...), machine learning and artificial intelligence (linear regression, reinforcement learning, neural networks, ...).
- Users of research expertise:Telecom operators Telecom equipment vendors IoT connectivity providers IoT solutions providers